Hello lovely Readers! You are going to enjoy this original recipe so much that you will forget you are upset that it took me too long to post it!
Aside of the fact that Auntie Jane’s Any Time Oatmeal Bars are loaded to the max with fiber, protein, and other essential vitamins, they are nearly impossible to get tired of because the recipe allows for a great deal of flexibility.
The brands featured on this page are the brands I actually use. Enjoy and share the vegan, gluten-free, yummy possibilities!
Auntie Jane’s Any Time Oatmeal Bars
· 6 cups quick-cooking gluten-free oats
· 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 1 Tablespoon maca root powder
· ¼ teaspoon molasses
· 2 cups non-dairy milk (almond, coconut, hemp etc)
· 1 cup grapeseed oil (or melted coconut oil)
· 1 cup of 100% natural apple sauce (or 3 to 4 mashed, very ripe bananas)
· 1 cup chia gel
Optional Ingredients: (to play it safe for your first batch, only pick two optional ingredients…my favorite is chocolate chip and cashew butter…or maybe maple walnut)
· ½ cup sugar or maple syrup
· 1 cup dark chocolate chips
· ½ to 1 cup dried fruit in small pieces
· ½ to 1 cup nut butter (cashew, peanut, almond etc)
· ½ to 1 cup nut pieces
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients in the order they are listed, mixing periodically with a sturdy utensil. Pour into greased 9X13 baking dish. Bake, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until set. Let cool completely before cutting and it will stay formed and manageable. However, I don’t have that much restraint so I dig into it while it’s still a hot gooey, tasty mess!
Have fun with this recipe and please share any new variations with the rest of us! #AuntieJaneRecipes