Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Free Herbs All Year - Home Grown

A happy, healthy herb garden can easily produce more than you can use during the growing season.  Luckily, there are lots of different ways to preserve your home-grown herbs so that you can enjoy their culinary and medicinal benefits all year long!

When using the methods in this first video, I like to use a vacuum sealer instead of regular plastic baggies.  I think it preserves the freshness better.
This next video illustrates the drying method which I have used for years.  The only thing I do different is I hang my upside-down bundles of herbs inside a paper lunch-sized bag to keep dust and cat fur off of my herbs.
Experimenting with different methods of preserving your fresh, home-grown herbs is half the fun of growing them!

No comments:

Post a Comment