Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Go Green in 2013!

The only thing that I really miss about consuming alcohol is holding a wine glass in my hand.  Who says wine is the only beverage that can go in a wine glass though?  Besides, I'm not known for following rules very well anyway.  So, I dusted off my wine glasses and have found a way to recycle them!

Jane with Green Smoothie in wine glass
My New Year's Resolution is to drink at least five green smoothies a week.  Green smoothies are an excellent way to get lots of live, easy to digest, vitamins and minerals into your diet.  They may seem intimidating or even scary at first but they look really fun in a wine glass!

The recipe I used today...

  • 2 cups plain non-GMO soy milk
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 pear
  • 2 organic large kale leaves (with spine removed)
  • 1 tsp of my organic, homemade, powdered, vitamin mix which is, equal parts alfalfa, kelp, and rosehips
When choosing the ingredients for your Green Smoothie, be sure to check the Food Combining Chart so you get the most benefit out of your smoothie!

Sometimes I make more smoothie than I can drink in one sitting.  This stuff is too good to waste though so I put any extra smoothie in a popsicle tray and make Smoothie Pops!  These are especially tasty on summer days that are just too hot to cook.  It's a complete meal in a yummy popsicle!  Plus, you'll be the coolest parent in the neighborhood when you announce that you're serving popsicles for dinner.

1 comment:

  1. New Diet Taps into Revolutionary Plan to Help Dieters Lose 12-23 Pounds in Just 21 Days!

    ReplyDelete