Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Lovely Locks

When I discover new methods of improving my regular health maintenance routine, I get ridiculously excited about sharing the information with my Readers!  Today's post is about maintaining lovely locks of hair.

I have two distinctly different types of hair on my head.  My Hairdresser says that's common but I think he is just trying to make me feel better.  Both types are healthy but one requires a lot more conditioning than the other.  Have you ever tried conditioning part of your hair?  It is not at all a good time...trust me.  The "normal" parts always get over conditioned and then I look greasy.  

Well, as you may have read in a previous post, I recently made a formula which included vegetable glycerin in the list of ingredients.  It only took a little bit which left me with almost a full bottle of the vegetable glycerin.  Everything that I spend my money on is good to the last drop, even if I have to research what to do with it.  I do not waste anything.  In my research I found this fantastic formula!
  • 2 oz water
  • 2 oz vegetable glycerin
  • 5 drops of essential oil (I used 10 drops of lavender essential oil)
  • small spray bottle
This stuff is amazing!  It adds the perfect amount of moisture to my hair and allows me to control exactly where it goes.  It's also a great de-tangler.  I really wish I knew about this formula as a child.  It would have saved my mother a significant amount of money because we were always buying some type of de-tangle product.

To purchase your vegetable glycerin and essential oils, just click the link below!  I'd also love to hear the results of your own hair care experiments.


Mountain Rose Herbs. A herbs, health and harmony c

No comments:

Post a Comment