Thursday, August 29, 2013

Jane's Maca Madness Smoothie Recipe

Hello, Lovely Readers!  This week, I discovered how amazing Maca Root powder is!  My house has been bursting with vital energy ever since I whipped up my first Maca smoothie on Monday.  I tried one recipe that I found online and it was ok. Then I made up my own recipe and it is a keeper, for sure! Give it a try and tell me what you think.

Jane's Maca Madness Smoothie Recipe

  • 2 cups of soy, almond, coconut, or hemp milk
  • 1/4 cup chia gel
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 TBSP Trader Joe's organic chocolate hemp protein powder
  • 1 TBSP organic maca powder
  • 4 to 5 ice cubes (optional)
Add all ingredients as listed and blend.  Stores well in refrigerator for up to three days.

3 comments:

  1. Where do you get maca powder?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I order my Maca from Spirit Apothecary www.spiritapothecary.com

    664 Broadway Avenue
    Bedford, OH 44146
    440-439-HERB

    Thank you for reading!

    ReplyDelete